Planning a trip to Telluride, Colorado?
What better way to commemorate a family vacation in one of the most beautiful mountain towns in the country, than a family photo session? Everytime I go on vacation I am on the hunt for the perfect family photographer. Vacations are the perfect time to invest in portraits. You get to capture special memories and document your kiddos as they get older each year. Telluride is an especially epic spot for family photos, there are breathtaking views all around! This family planned a trip with some of their best friends and I had the honor of capturing them both on the same day- how fun! After our sessions they all joined up for dinner.
Photo locations in Telluride
One of the (many) great things about Telluride is that you don't need a car to get around! The free Gondola runs from Mountain Village on the mountain, down to the town of Telluride. It runs from 6:30 a.m. to midnight every day, so no ride? No problem! I have several location options 100% accessible by gondola! Can you believe all the photos on this blog are accessible by gondola, and only a 5 minute walk apart?!
Pro-Tips for vacationing in Telluride
- Fly into Montrose airport & book a ride with Telluride Express, once you arrive in Telluride you can walk or ride the gondola most places! There are even hiking trails you can access directly from town!
- Don't miss out on Allred's restaurant. It's a fabulous dining experience with incredible views!
- Visiting for a ski trip? Don't bother coming before January! This is something that is common knowledge among us locals, but Telluride Ski doesn't like to advertise this. The mountain usually doesn't open up all of their runs until well after Christmas. Snow comes later in the San Juans than the Rockies, so plan that trip for January or February for the best snow and open terrain!
- Mountain Village hosts a farmers market in the summer from 11 a.m. -4 p.m., there are always lots of great vendors selling everything from fresh produce to handmade jewelry! There is also a live music series in July & August on Wednesday & Thursday evenings. This is a great activity for kiddos!
- The gondola closes each year for about a month, starting mid-October for maintenance. Make sure to check the gondola schedule if you are planning a fall trip!
- Last but certainly not least, make sure to book some family photos to remember your epic vacation!